Here are some of the most important official websites related to credit, debt, and consumer rights.
- AnnualCreditReport.com – This is the official site where you can get your free credit report once per year from each of the three main credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.
- myFICO.com – This is the Credit Education section of myFICO, which tells you exactly how your credit score is calculated.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) – This is the official .gov site for the recently-created CFPB, which is focused on educating consumers and supervising financial institutions in the US.
- Federal Reserve Consumer Help – Here you can file a complaint against a financial institution that has treated you unfairly or illegally, and you can also find a lot of answers to your questions that begin like “Can a bank really…?” and “How do I…?”
Personal Finance Blogs
Here are some of the best personal finance blogs we read and follow on a daily basis:
- Airline Miles Experts
- Cash Cow Couple
- Club Thrifty
- Debt Roundup
- The Frugal Path
- Frugal Rules
- Modest Money
- Reach Financial Independence
- The Wise Dollar